Keeping Up with Scheduled Auto Services
You can go months without ever thinking about the needs of your car, other than the occasional trip to the gas station. But it is crucial that you don't forget, your car does require other services from time to time. Routine auto maintenance is critical for your car's overall well-being. While it may seem strange to have to pay to have your already-well-running vehicle serviced, doing so will save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in the long run. Let's take a closer look at auto maintenance.
What is auto maintenance
Preventative auto maintenance consists of a many different services, here are a few of the most common.
- Oil change - The service your car will require the most is an oil change. It is conducted every 3,000 to 5,000 miles to ensure the engine is properly lubricated.
- Fluid services - All vehicles utilize a number of other fluids, such as brake fluid, coolant, power steering fluid and differential fluid, to operate. From time to time these need to be drained and refilled, called a fluid flush, to ensure they're free of contaminants.
- Transmission service - Transmission maintenance includes a transmission fluid flush, cleaning the transmission pan and cleaning or replacing the transmission filter, if applicable.
- Timing belt - If your car uses a timing belt be sure to have it replaced on time. If it is not replaced it could snap, resulting in catastrophic engine damage.
- Tune up - If your car just doesn't seem to be running quite right it could be time for a tune up. Tune ups consist of small maintenances, such as filter replacements, that help the car run at peak performance.
- 30/60/90K services - Most other services will fall under 30/60/90k maintenance. These are services done every 30,000 miles to help prevent breakdowns and other issues. It may include new spark plugs, new ignition coils, battery services, safety checks and more.
Why does my car need auto maintenance
The ultimate reason your car needs maintenance is that it is not a perfect machine. Without maintenance parts would begin to degrade and break, leaving you stranded on the side of the road, at best.
Check your owner's manual to see what services your car needs and when. If it is time for auto maintenance in Palo Alto or the surrounding area be sure to visit The Car Doctor. We will take excellent care of your car, including dealership style auto maintenance. Any time you car needs scheduled auto service in Palo Alto give us a call at (650) 492-6853 to make an appointment!
The Car Doctor Blog
Written & Published By MORBiZ
The Sounds of Car Trouble
Top Signs of Big Trouble Under the Hood
The Best Ways to Maintain a Safe Car
Why does my vehicle need oil changes every 3,000 miles?
Is it Time for a Tune Up?
The Importance of Fleet Vehicle Maintenance
Is Your Car Up to Date with These Auto Maintenance Services?
Is it Time for Drive Belt Replacement?
What is Cooling System Service?
What Triggers the Check Engine Light?
Schedule Brake Repair as Part of Routine Auto Maintenance
Why Does My Car Need Scheduled Auto Maintenance?
Restore MPGs with Routine Auto Maintenance
Top Qualities of a Dealership Alternative
Could Your Vehicle Benefit from a Wheel Alignment
How to Tell if it is Time for Transmission Service
Is Time for Major Engine Repair?
What is a Fluid Flush?
Keeping Up with Scheduled Auto Services
What is Factory Auto Maintenance?
3 DIY Auto Maintenance Tips
Top 5 Reasons Your Car Won't Start
Creating of a Fleet Vehicle Preventative Maintenance Plan
Does this mean I need brake repair?
5 Times you Need to Visit an Auto Repair Shop
Are You Keeping Up with Oil Changes?
6 Tips for Raising Your Miles Per Gallon
Finding Top Notch Auto Repair Services
How do I know if I Need Suspension Repair?
Easy Tips to Extend the Life of Your Car
What is Scheduled Auto Maintenance?
How Important is Tire Pressure?
5 Signs of a Failing Ignition
3 Signs it is Time for Clutch Repair
Does my car need new tires? Here's how to tell!
What is Leaking from my Car?
The Major Benefits of Quality Replacement Auto Parts
Top 7 Auto Electric Problems
How can an Auto Repair Shop become a NAPA AutoCare Center?
5 Transmission Troubles that Require Repair
5 signs it's time to make an appointment for brake repair
What Causes a Car Battery to Die?
Hard Starting: Does my car need a new starter motor?
Does my Car need an Engine Rebuild?
Fuel Delivery Failure: Common Fuel System Repairs
How to find a great auto repair shop in Palo Alto
Common Reasons the AC isn't Cold
Pee-Yew! The Smells of Car Repair
Why do Vehicles have so Many Computers?
What Does Colored Exhaust Smoke Mean?
Does My Car Need an Alignment?
Bad Vibes: 3 Shakey Signs Your Car Needs Auto Repair
5 Signs of Alternator Failure
3 Symptoms of an Exhaust Leak
Why Does My Car Smell Funny?
Help! My Car Won't Start
3 Signs it's Time for Exhaust Repair
Why is My Car Loud?
4 Common Reasons the Check Engine Light Comes On
How to Save Gas and Money this Summer
Time For Brake Replacement? 6 Ways to Tell
6 Signs Your Car Needs Suspension Repair
Timing Belt Replacement
Understanding 30/60/90K Maintenance
4 Signs You Need Brake Service or Brake Repair
How Important are Regular Oil Changes?
Six Signs of Transmission Trouble
Preparing for Winter Driving